Friday, May 11, 2012
6:00pm - 8:30pm
2512 Hillsborough Street Raleigh, NC 27607
Online registration for Strikes for Pediatric Strokes NC will end at noon on Friday, May 11.
You are welcome to register in person the night of the event starting at 5:45 PM at The Alley.
I am very excited about hosting the first ever Strikes for Pediatric Strokes fundraiser in North Carolina, in honor of pediatric stroke survivor, Rock. All proceeds will be donated to Easter Seals United Cerebral Palsy North Carolina & Virginia, an amazing organization, providing high-quality supports and services to people managing disabilities and mental health challenges. To learn more about Easter Seals UCP NC & VA please click here.
Rock suffered a severe stroke at birth, effecting the left frontal, temporal, and parietal regions of his brain. The doctors were unable to say if he would ever learn to walk or talk. Eleven months and lots of extensive therapy later, one would hardly know something so tragic happened such a short time ago to this precious boy.
Rock has had continuous weekly occupational, physical, and developmental therapy since birth. He also participates in swim and music therapies. He is doing better than anyone ever expected. While he has developmental delays, Rock is amazing everyone and making huge strides.
My goal is to raise $5,000 for Easter Seals UCP NC & VA and awareness that childhood stroke exists, even without a pre-existing medical condition.
- 1 in 4000 babies will have a stroke
- 1 in 8300 children will have a stroke
- Stroke is the most common known cause of cerebral palsy in term and near-term infants
- Stroke in childhood causes multiple disabilities. Between 50 and 80 percent of infants and children will have serious long‐term challenges including: hemiplegia or hemiparesis (one-sided paralysis), seizures, and speech, vision, behavioral and learning difficulties
- Stroke in children costs at least $42 million annually in the US
Please come join me and Rock in raising awareness for childhood stroke
and raise money for Easter Seals UCP NC & VA!!
$25.00 minimum donation (tax deductible) for adults. $12.00 for children 3-12 years.
Your donation includes:
- 2 hours of bowling
- Shoe rental
- Your entry to win one of several door prizes!
- Full service restaurant and bar on site!
This is an all ages event. This is event is open to the public so please spread the word.
If you or the company you work for would like to sponsor this event or donate items for door prizes please contact me.
For questions or more information about this event please contact:
Kara Davies, Event Coordinator